Clean Easy Chicken Laksa Soup
- 2 chillies
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet)
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 125ml coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts finely sliced
- vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbs palm sugar
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 cups chopped vegetables
1. To make the paste, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste consistency.
2. Transfer the paste to a large saucepan and stir until the aroma of the spices is released and they begin to brown slightly; if it starts to stick to the bottom and become very dry you can add a little stock.
3. Add the liquids (stock, coconut milk and cream) and stir until it comes to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
4. Add palm sugar and lime juice and stir until dissolved.
5. Prepare the noodles as per instructions and place in a bowl. Pour soup over the noodles and enjoy!
Nutrition Disclaimer: This recipe is for the general population. It does not cater for any allergies, medical conditions or specific food intolerance.
- Choc Chia Protein Balls
- Simple Quinoa and Chickpea Salad
- Make Your Own Vegan-Friendly Dark Chocolate
- Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
- Choc Beetroot Berry Smoothie Recipe