Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
Last Updated: 08/11/16
Everyone loves a good banana muffin, right? Well, even though we may love them, they are not always that good for us, particularly if they are made with lots of refined sugar and white flour. Never fear…with our delicious Vegan Banana Muffins you will always have a delicious and wholesome treat you can enjoy with no regrets. These beautiful little muffins are made with whole foods and lots of ripe bananas for extra sweetness. Enjoy one today or pop in store to Yummy Goodness to try a slice of our amazing Vegan Banana Bread. It’s always a winner!
Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
Makes 18 medium sized muffins
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (linseeds)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 220g gluten free flour of your choice
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 85g rice malt syrup or pure maple syrup
- 4 ripe bananas, chopped into large chunks
- Extra coconut oil for greasing
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Oil one and a half muffin trays with coconut oil.
- Make your flax eggs (these replace eggs in vegan baking). Place the flax seeds in a grinder (or use a mortar and pestle) and grind until they look like coffee grounds. Remove the flax seed powder from the grinder and place in a bowl or cup. Add the water to the flax seeds and mix well. Place the flax eggs in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the gluten free flour, baking powder, bi carb soda, cinnamon, vanilla powder and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the banana chunks and mash them well with a fork. Add the apple cider vinegar, flax eggs, coconut oil and rice malt syrup (or maple syrup) to the bowl with the banana. Mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, either with a wooden spoon or with electric beaters.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin trays. Fill each hole three quarters of the way up with mixture to allow for rising.
- Bake the Vegan Banana Muffins in your pre-heated oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins sit in the tray for 10 minutes then remove them and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with your favourite cup of tea or coffee and, if you desire, a big dollop of coconut cream!
Nutrition Disclaimer: This recipe is for the general population. It does not cater for any allergies, medical conditions or specific food intolerance.
This recipe is by Yummy Goodness!
Yummy Goodness opened its first store in Nundah at the beginning of August 2016. Yummy Goodness serves delicious, healthy and clean eats and drinks that are free from gluten, dairy and cane sugar. They offer amazing acai bowls, smoothies, cold pressed juices, Merlo coffee, fresh salads and an assortment of homemade clean treats, with lots of raw, vegan, vegetarian and Paleo options. Yummy Goodness aims to provide yummy foods your body will love so you can love food and love life.
Hayley Abell is the founder of Yummy Goodness and loves sharing her recipes to make healthy eating and living easier for everyone.
Yummy Goodness is located at Shop 9, Circa One, 1 Aspinall Street, Nundah.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 6am to 2pm; Sunday from 7am to 1pm.
- 8 Common Weight Loss Mistakes: Corrected
- Choc Chia Protein Balls
- Pretty In Pink Smoothie
- Simple Quinoa and Chickpea Salad
- Make Your Own Vegan-Friendly Dark Chocolate