Skinny Banana & Berry Muffins
These light banana & berry muffins are easy to make and the perfect guilt free snack.
Servings: 15 muffins
Recipe by Sally Baumann - [email protected]
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (or mix of white & whole wheat flours)
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large overripe bananas - mashed
- 1/4 cup of non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup of fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries & raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 160c. Spray muffin trays with non-stick oil spray. Do not use cupcake liners.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mash bananas then add the honey and sugar. Mix until smooth.
4. Add yoghurt, egg and milk to other wet ingredients and combine well.
5. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and slowly, gently combine. Over -mixing will lead to tough muffins.
6. Gently fold in berries. The mixture will be quite thick.
7. Divide the batter between 15 muffin tins - either use the same tin twice or 2 tins. Fill the 2nd tin with water in the empty holes to ensure even baking.
8. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until edges slightly browned.
Nutrition Disclaimer: This recipe is for the general population. It does not cater for any allergies, medical conditions or specific food intolerance.
- Choc Chia Protein Balls
- Simple Quinoa and Chickpea Salad
- Make Your Own Vegan-Friendly Dark Chocolate
- Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
- Choc Beetroot Berry Smoothie Recipe